Wednesday 22 June 2016

Hustle & Bustle

This past weekend was a hustle & bustle for me......

Saturday I had a luncheon for the Southampton Grade School girls (4th Annual) in Southampton at 11:30 am.  There had been eight of us girls this Year, and as usual we had a good time and a few laughs.  I love getting together with the girls I grew up and went to school with.  Nice to catch-up with everyone.

The same day my Cousin, Todd & his new wife, Tammy, were celebrating their marriage.  The reception was at 4 pm in Southampton.

I got home from the luncheon, got myself ready, then Rob and I headed out the door back to Southampton.  Had a great time, and it is always nice to see my Aunt Gerry and Uncle Reg, who had came up for the occasion.  We had to leave after dinner as Rob had a head cold and was not feeling the best.  The Elk & Finch had catered the meal, and the roast beef had been "melt in your mouth" delish !

And here are the newlyweds:


Sunday I kept myself busy with cutting the lawn and laundry.  That pretty much takes up the most part of a day in itself, does it not?

We took some time out after dinner one evening to sit out on our front stoop to do some chillaxing.


After my friends, BJ & Marg had came out to help me with the flower bed, Marg had said she was going to come back to help me with the last 1/4 that still needed done.  Well she came out on Tuesday, and I am certain it was the hottest day we had in the past week.

No matter about the heat, we got r' done.  Way back in the first photo you can see how large the pile of weeds & grasses that had been pulled.  That twitch grass goes forever and is a real b* to pull out.  There is a couple of spots that could be filled in with a new plant, and some other spots which need to be filled in with fresh earth.  I am hoping to get it all done and think about mulching it all next week.  Time will tell.


Today I cleaned the bathroom and cleaned up the Outdoor Living furniture in the Gazebo on our deck.

We have iron and minerals in our well water (drilled well), which results in our bathtub, sinks and toilet being stained with them.  I usually use Bowl Brite or Professional to clean everything.  This stuff is really potent so it is required to wear a mask and gloves.  We have sent a water sample away to find out exactly what the content is of the iron and minerals, then we will know what direction to take in getting a system to remove them.  Hopefully we hear back soon.


We have a new bathtub and vanity we would like to get installed in our bathroom, but until we figure out our water issues they have been put on hold.

I am so happy the Gazebo is all set up, as it is so nice to take a cuppa tea out there and just relax for a bit.  I have the white set at one end and the brown set at the other.  There are still a couple of things I want to place or take out but that will wait for another day.


We are in Strawberry Season now !  my Auntie Gladys emailed me my Grandma's Strawberry Pie recipe this afternoon.  Since it has been shared with me, I in turn will also share it.  For a PRINTABLE copy of this fresh Strawberry Pie recipe, please *CLICK* HERE.  Thanks Auntie Gladys.

Time to start thinking about dinner, so this is all she wrote this day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Does your water change periodically? We had tons of iron in ours for awhile, then it started leaving a green stain on the toilets, then it was reddish for awhile (iron again apparently) now it's back to green and it smells like sulfer. We supposedly have multiple veins/springs and they take turns feeding the shallow well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen it seems to be worse in the Springtime/Summer.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...