Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Better Day

I am beyond pleased that I had a better day this day.  One can not possibly imagine, as I can barely myself, realize what it is like to have a better day. I almost feel rejuvenated.

I didn't get much done as the morning was spent going to my Doctor's then back again as I had forgotten a prescription.  Back and forth into town, then letting Aussies in and out between travelling times pretty much had taken up the whole of the morning.

This morning I had also took advantage of some sales they had on downtown at Rankin River Trading Co. with 40-60% off woman's wear, winter scarves and 50% off Christmas decor.  I bought a beautiful scarf for $12.00, a cool winter sign for my downstairs door, some paper plates for when the kids come, and a nice pair of pants for 40% off.  I had been pleased with my purchases.

After lunch my friend Sharon & I took ourselves for a walk.  It was a lot more pleasant walking today then in the drizzle we had had yesterday.

Back from my walk I did up a sink full of dishes, then wrapped so more gifts.  I am happy to say I am done wrapping (not my most favourite thing to do).  Quite a bunch of packages for our 7 arriving this Friday.


Portia & Leo have only been introduced through Portia's crate.  When Portia is out, Leo is in our bedroom.  We will give it another week before we let them out together to see what is what with that, in the meantime they can continue nose to nose through the crate.


Last night the Movie, Mama Mia starring Meryl Streep was on.  I had seen it before however enjoyed watching it again.  Hopefully there will be something on as equally as good tonight to watch.

I have to dig out our Scrabble game if I ever find it (the one we had had been borrowed), as Rob had mentioned that he enjoyed our game the other night.  Would be fun to play once the kids arrive too I am thinking.

Has everyone who participated in the 52 Week Money Challenge this week decided what they are doing with their savings?  I added some of my income tax return and my sealed pot money to mine ....

..... I have decided it will be used when my girlfriend of 40 years & I go down East this Summer.  Hoping it will be enough, or I will try to save a little more somehow in the meantime.  Would love to hear how everyone else is spending their 52 Week Money Challenge Money.


Once again, beginning next week, I will begin going backwards on the 52 Week Money Challenge for 2016.  Is anyone else in with me???? let me know, as the more the merrier !!!

Big fluffy flakes of snow are going on right now outside my windows.  I hope the weather stays good until our children arrive, then it can do whatever ......

On that note time to sign off for the day, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. A good day for you.

    And it's a good idea to get the dog and cat used to each other gradually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great...a good day! May the New Year bring many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year old bean , hoping 2016 will be a cracker xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...