Friday 23 October 2015

On The Brink Of ...

On the brink of disaster it was around here yesterday.  I am happy it all got sorted out so I am still around to tell about it.

Rob woke up, on the couch, calling back to me, "why did you shut off my TV".  Me, "I am still in bed, how could I turn your TV off".

As it was his $50.00 40" TV he bought about 3 or 4 years ago decided it was time to leave this World of electronics and whatnot.  That spelled DISASTER for me and anyone else in his way, as really the whole bottom of Rob's World fell out from under him, leaving him with only a remote.

As it was he had to go to work, so this helped take his mind off his HUGE PROBLEM for the time being.  Then when he came home after a couple of calls he was further distracted by the Roofers arriving to do the front of our roof.

Thank God we got the front of our roof done when we did on Thursday, as there had been two sheets under the shingle beginning to rot, which could have meant more disaster this upcoming Winter or Spring for us.  Rob had done the backside of the roof six years ago as it took more of a beating being in full Southern exposure.  

Another big job off our "to do" list.


When I had been out and about yesterday I been driving by one of my girlfriend's favourite spots, which just happens to be one of mine as well.

I know my friend has spent many many times with her thoughts overlooking this spot on Krib's Road .... a perfect peaceful place to be with one's thoughts.


Back to the end of Rob's World .... which as it so happens didn't even last 12 hours.  Late afternoon Rob had been on a call over to Owen Sound, so he asked me to meet up with him there so we could go ..... yep, "TV" shopping.

We ended up at Walmart, as they had the cheapest prices, and got a 50" RCA TV.  I am pleased to report my husband is a very very very happy content man once again with a spanking new TV in front of him along with a new remote control in hand.

Thank goodness, as I don't think I could live with him beyond 12 hours without a TV !!!!

Our children are coming up tomorrow with the grandkids (7 in total) for the day and the night.  Can I say, "busy"? as that is exactly what we will be.  I can't wait until they arrive !

We had a recent update about Portia's One & Only pup, now named, Eddie, from his Forever Family.

Along with this newest photo we received, we also learned that Eddie is completely potty trained in the house to go outside now.  Yes our Checkerboard Aussies Australian Shepherd dogs are pretty smart babies.


Lots more on our Aussies can be found by *clicking* HERE.

Tuesday evening when I had been out for Dinner, I had offered to take along a dessert.  I really didn't feel like baking anything and had came across a Greek Yogurt dessert that I changed up a bit.

These are what I had came up with ... Greek Almond Parfaits, I will call them.


Method:  Voortman Almond Krunch Cookies, crumbled, Vanilla Greek Yogurt, Almond slivers (from the top of the cookies) and fresh fruit.  Layer accordingly and you have a creamy very "yummy" refreshing dessert.

Nice to have two for two in a post with two "almost" disasters and tow very "pleasant" delights.  On that note I think I will begin to get myself rested up for an impending very busy day ahead tomorrow, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.


4 comments:

  1. Eddie is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our roof done too this summer..it's a HUGE relief,isn't it!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie's a sweetie! The roofing job is done, fortunately.

    Strange after only three or four years. My television I got second hand from friends of my parents... it's at least twenty years old and still operates reasonably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a REALLY old TV that is still going strong. I think it's on it's third remote though!
    That is one sweet Pup. Portia grows 'em good!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...