Monday 30 March 2015

Aussie Antics & A Walk

I most certainly was happy for Rob to be home this morning.  I could barely move to get out of bed with my neck and shoulder pain.  He was kind enough to take care of the Aussies this morning before he went out on his calls, and I was left to stay in bed until 8 pm, a very rare occurrence for me.  

Too much last week I suppose, regardless I broke down and popped 2 Tylenol 2's and 1600 mg ibuprofen, as I needed some relief.  When the meds kicked in I did get some relief and began my day.

I began with the usual then went on to getting the floor swept up of Aussie hairs.  First I picked up the toys, putting them in a box and up on their chair.

Despite my efforts the Aussie antics began almost immediately from knocking the box of toys off the chair, to helping herself to scrap papers from the burn pail.  Thank goodness Bandit is old enough to know better as Portia is enough Aussie to handle at this age.  She does make me laugh though.


 I really didn't get much done, but then again tomorrow is another day.  I am not going to make plans for it as whenever I do my plans somehow always get sabotaged either by something else coming up or some kind of pain or headache preventing me to carry through with them.  Best not to jinx myself.

I did decide this morning I was going to hand deliver my Mom her Easter Card, and stay to have lunch with her.  When I arrived down in her room she was not only surprised to see me, but really delighted as well.

Mom has always enjoyed getting occasion cards early so she can enjoy them before hand.  I think she was also happy with getting a chocolate Easter Bunny too.


Lunch today at the Gateway Haven Nursing Home was very yummy.  Cream of Vegetable Soup, Mom had a deli sandwich, while I had the Broccoli & Mushroom Strata.  Dessert for me was Lemon Pudding, and Mom had a piece of homemade Carrot Cake thanks to my Auntie Gladys.  The piece was 1/2 more then what is in the photo, as I remembered to take the pic after Mom had already consumed some.  She really enjoyed the cake, and I really enjoyed our lunch together.


After my visit with Mom I had to mail a couple cards then head on over to the Wiarton Chamber office to have the girls upload some photos for the new WDCC member presentation folder that is being created.  My goodness I didn't get home until after 2 pm !!!

After a bit of a rest back home I called my friend Pari to see if she would like to go for a walk.  Even though the wind was up the Sun was out and it was 10*C (warmer then usual).  Off we went, taking Portia along with us to train her on walking, at 3 pm downtown Wiarton.

I am happy to say we walked 3 km in total !  not a bad start to hopefully a daily routine (fingers crossed I have not jinxed myself by thinking that out loud).  So far this day I have taken over 7400 steps, which is over 3.5 miles.  Whoohooo !!!  I need to loose some weight before my Son's wedding in July, so I MUST MUST MUST keep focused.

Rob has been gone all day, however I am hoping he is home to watch The "Voice" with me tonight by 8 pm.  That is only 1/2 hour away from now, making it time to sign off from here, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

3 comments:

  1. Portia's such a character.

    Getting Easter chocolate is very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a heck of a headache today as well, I am guessing it was the pressure change in the weather. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flip flop weather with constant air pressure changes and dampness is brutal . You poor thing ya just cant seem to catch a break from the aches and pain of it all can you ? Oh I love walking and walk 8000 steps with my Miggs every day around our valley village even did this morning in the snow that is falling GRR ! So much for spring . Hope you feel better soon and good hear your still able to get out and about . Aren't dogs kooky creatures? Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...