Friday 21 November 2014

Mastiffs Or Sumo Wrestlers?

Do you ever have those mornings when you think to yourself "I wish I could stay in bed all day", but a pain in your body has waken you and there is no getting back to sleep regardless of how much you try.  Yes that is how this day began for  me, but then it got better when I went outside to see ...

... a pillow of clouds over in the East that made me feel if I had been closer I could almost step on them.  How beautiful they were.


I don't recall getting too much done around here today other then the dishes done up, the bed made and lunch for Rob and I.  I must admit later this afternoon I downloaded the program for our Garmins so I could update them with the most recent maps.  Rob's had him driving through fields when he had been up in Barrie last week.  Hopefully the map updates have corrected this and there will be roads there now.

I did have to go downtown Wiarton this morning to do a couple of errands.  I also stopped by the Chamber Office when I ran into the Office Manager who had the day off and was meeting up with another person to give their Dogs a play date together.  

Maybe Mastiff dogs isn't the right way to describe these two with a combined weight of around 260 lbs.  Mini Sumo Wrestlers might be a better description.  Liz's guy is the fawn coloured and is 4 years old, the other one, black, is only a pup still at 1 years old.  They sure had fun together, and it had also been fun watching them play.


I arrived back home to find Rob repairing his tractor as a sheer bolt let go yesterday, and there was still lots of snow he wanted to get moved around. 


Tomorrow it is to rain.  I am absolutely dreading the sloppy mess we are going to have with rain in the forecast the next will.  From one extreme to the next, but why complain if you have seen what Buffalo has had the past few days !!!

Also tomorrow there is the annual Christmas Bazaar at my Auntie's Presbyterian Church in Port Elgin from 10 am til 2 pm.   Two years ago my Niece Joanne and I went out for a day of Bazaars that you can check out HERE.  Always a nice Tea Table, by donation, at many of the Bazaars.

Rob is looking after a Christmas Party this evening which had been booked.  With not being certain what time he would be available for Dinner, we opted for a night out downtown at the Green Door Cafe.

Rob had Cabbage Rolls while I had my Fall Favourite being the Butternut Squash Lasagna, which is also Gluten Free since they use Rice Noodles.  Very very very good !


Rob dropped me off at home and headed back out on some more calls.

I must also mention today I received a beautiful card from Tignish, PE from a Facebook friend who sent me her sympathies.  Receiving her card truly made my day ... Thanks Anna, you are a wonderful person and a great friend to have xo .

A little bit of kindness goes a long way to make someone's day, does it not?  I hope there are many days that I am able to make someone else's day.

I am tired, what else is new, so think I will take the Portia girl out before calling it a night myself, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

2 comments:

  1. My cousin has had bull Mastiffs for years , they are lovely and gentle giants good family dogs ! It is warming up and to be raining today gone be a sloppy slushy mess out there with all the snow . I like going to Christmas bazaars . Thanks for sharing nice photos ! Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...