Saturday 5 July 2014

Walking & History

 I just returned home from a 5 km walk out & about downtown Wiarton.  My neighbour and I did it in 1:06and burned 338 calories (however I probably ate 2500 calories today).

Two nights ago I made extra boiled potatoes, that way I had leftover potatoes so I could make Potato Egg Salad to go with our BBQ'd T-Bone steaks for our Dinner last night.  


Tonight's dinner? we just grabbed what we could find in the fridge as we had been both too busy and tired today to bother with much else.

This morning I was up early to get the laundry washed and hung out on the line.  Two loads today as I stripped our bedding as well to have it ready to make up fresh.  

I was out the door fairly early to meet up with the Wiarton Walks Volunteers this morning for the 2014 Summer Season's "kick off".

I was asked along to take photos of the Volunteers, who if were not involved many events would not be possible in the Communities, our Town's Economic Development Officer, Danielle Musasmajiic, WDCC President, Paul Deacon, and S.B. Peninsula's Mayor, John Close.  Walking Sticks provided by Bruce Tourism.  Once the pleasantries were out of the way and everyone recognized the first walk of 2014 was on its way.  


Should you enjoy walking and history then I would highly recommend that this walk is something you would very well enjoy.  I hope to partake myself someday should I find the time to do so.  The walks take place every Saturday beginning at the Train Station in Wiarton's Bluewater Park.  For more information and/or to reserve a spot in the walk, please Call:  519 534 2592

No sooner had everyone dispersed when up behind the building came a gentleman with a set of Bagpipes ....

... the pipes sound across the Bay welcoming in the day.


Most day you just have to love Wiarton !

Even though I only got two load of laundry washed, hung out and brought in later, it was still a busy day with Rob and I travelling to Owen Sound and back twice today.  We are both wrung out like a pair of washcloths this day.  Still I was happy I had gotten out for a walk this evening.

Again there is a busy day before us tomorrow.  Time now for a quick shower and soon after my bed, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

1 comment:

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...