Sunday 30 March 2014

Crock Pot Bone-In Chicken

My poor dear Rob did not get home until after 3 am this morning.  He went to sleep, I could not get back to sleep.  He got about 4 hours sleep, I had about the same.  We were both tired today, but the beauty of it we didn't even have a "crabby" moment with each other all day (well maybe one that lasted a split second on Rob's part).

One of the first things I had came across this morning was this .....


Amen.  We are blessed.

Rob and I wanted to make a trip into Owen Sound today, so this morning I thought I should get something prepared and into the Crock Pot.  I had some fresh bone-in Chicken Breasts and Cremini Mushrooms, so I went searching for a "new to me" recipe.

I found the perfect recipe for my needs.  I first seasoned the chicken, after removing the skin, then sliced mushroom and mixed the sauce.  Chicken went into the Crock Pot with the Sauce & Mushrooms poured over top.  The Crock Pot was set on LOW for 6 hours.


I still had some Cremini Mushrooms to be used up.  I sliced them up, threw them in a pan with a tad of Olive Oil and cooked them up.  After they had cooled, into a freezer bag & into the freezer they went for a future use.  Much better then left in my Fridge pushed to the back & possibly forgotten and thrown out later.  By the way these are one of my favourite mushrooms, as they are full bodied flavour and all round yummy, holding their form.


Rob and I headed out for Owen Sound around lunch time.  We stopped at TSC, Staples, Deals and First Choice Haircutters.  We had no breakfast nor lunch, so I told Rob I would be good to eat out but not junk.

We ended up going to Wendy's Restaurant where I tried the new Chicken BBQ Ranch Salad, which I would not hesitate to have again, and Rob opted out for a Grilled Chicken on a bun, with some not so healthy fries (he did good on his choice regardless of the fries).


After Wendy's we headed on over to Walmart where we picked up a few items.  When walking out I asked Rob if he would mind if I got my hair cut, as it had been so long since I had it cut I could not remember when the last time was.  The Salon was called Smart Style.  

I was happy with my haircut, Rob was happy with the one he had at First Choice Haircutters, and Bandit? he is as hairy as ever so guess we should have taken him along with us maybe?


We had just gotten home around 5 pm when the Taxi phone rang.  Dinner was put off for another hour or so as the call had to be attended to.  Really Dinner was well worth waiting for and could not have been more perfect.

The Crock Pot Bone-in Chicken Breast with Mushroom Gravey was "Out of this World" in flavour and melt in your mouth tenderness.  I opted to serve it alongside Broad Egg Noodles, however Rice would have equally complimented this dish.  (I had used two very large chicken breasts rather then the 4 the recipe called for).


Recipe please?  FOR A PRINTABLE RECIPE *CLICK* HERE.  (Please do NOT tell Rob there was Sour Cream in this recipe, as he does not like it *smile*).

Rob and I had a great day together, thoroughly enjoying each others company.

The dishes are done up and I am feeling pretty much all in but for my shirt tail, as is Rob, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

5 comments:

  1. Nice hair :) And your dinner looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I love mushrooms! I love that you used bone-in chicken. I have discovered that they taste so much better than boneless and they are easy to de-bone. I can not wait to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find some simple but successful crockpot dishes! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great, Cindy!
    So does your dinner...I also like cremini mushrooms. You made me laugh out loud with your sour cream comment. Too funny!
    Thank you for linking this week. I'm sorry it has taken me a week to stop in.

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...