Tuesday 22 October 2013

Little Dreamer

I hate to whine and complain, but when I come back to this entry in my personal journal I can hopefully say to myself, "I have had worse days and better days".  Today was one of those days where I felt like a "Mack Truck" hit me with every one of my muscles screaming out at me and trying to escape my skin.

Not sleeping does not help, as that is apparently when one's body heals.  I am busy as I can be to hopefully not find time to think about pain, but today that was not working for me.  Regardless I was still inspired by a quote I had googled in the wee hours of this morning... 

Morning is nature's way of saying, live life one more time, make a difference, touch one heart, encourage one mind and inspire one soul.

A year ago I received some "Happy Mail" from a lovely lady who corresponded with me through my blog.

My most favourite Holiday of the Year is Halloween.  I kept my youngest Son going out "Trick or Treating" until he was 13 years old, and got to take my Great Nephew, Riley, out until a couple of years ago.  I need a new "kid" to go out "Trick & Treating" with, so if anyone knows one in the area, please let me know.

I was very happy to receive this lovely Halloween runner from Bess.  It most certainly lifted my Halloween spirits last year, and again this year when I got it out (really I did iron it, however I should have used the steam).  Thanks Bess, I couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving was over to get it out from the China Cabinet drawer.


I really didn't get nothing else much done this morning, other then the bed made and the kitchen tidied up somewhat.  I am still recovering from doing all that "Crabby Cabbie" book work I am sure. *Wink*

Later on today there had been some racket going on out side.  I looked out to find ....

Quite the accumulation of hail pellets and a very unsettled looking sky.


Later this afternoon the sky still remained unsettled, even though there were reports of a beautiful Rainbow over Colpoy's Bay, I was only to see it in another's photo.  I had to be content to gaze upon the greenness of the grass and billowing darkness of the skies laid out before me here.


Rob called me on his way home, would I drive one of the Cabs over to our mechanics and he would drop around to pick me up.  On the way home he stopped so I could take more photos of the progress made on the home located on Wiarton's South Hill.

I am tickled pink on how much more has been accomplished, and at the thoughts of what much more will be done soon.


I could see myself wandering from room to room in this home ....

I have all my life been a dreamer ... I used to read the History books from schools like novels, lapping up up every word I read on their pages.  I imagine myself living in those times, walking elegantly down swirling staircases going below to a Ball Room, or Great Room for a feast with Royals, Gents and Ladies in Waiting.

Dream, dream, dream ... carry me into your Worlds of Past.


Pisces are known to be dreamers, did you know this?  you can read yourself right HERE, as I do come by it honestly.

I did have a wonderful gesture of giving happen to me this day.  It was a surprise I would never had guessed or suspected.  Rob's cousin, Joyce, called to say she had something for me and would like to drop in on her way home.  

Truly I was beyond surprised when she gifted me this lovely 3-legged cup with saucer she had come by with me in mind.  Thank you Joyce !   And another friend had given me these two wooden stools our Elizabeth is going to make-over for Chloe and Briar with their names on top to gift them for Christmas.  Liz is going to be so happy when she sees them !  I love days when there are things that make your heart swell with gratitude.  Thanks to Judy for the stools as a couple of other items I appreciated that had came my way.


Truly I am exhausted, however my dear husband is going to look after the Aussies this evening for me on their last out and about, so I can take to my bed earlier then normal this evening, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

5 comments:

  1. I was very excited to go by that wonderful house on the hill, when we were going to Tobermory yesterday. Although it was raining quite smartly as we passed and the windows were steamed up and I was on the aisle side of the seat, I leaned way over and had a good look. What a beautiful residence it is going to be. Hope tomorrow is a better day, and wish that all the rest of your tomorrows could be pain free. You do so much for all that you suffer with. We are off to see my mother tomorrow with one of the mum plants from Anita's open house. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very dramatic skies in your area!

    Get your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy~ My favorite time of year is also Halloween:) I would go all out when my kids were young~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines.
    I'm also a bit of a dreamer....and a history nut.....when I was young my mom would say to me, your to young to like all that old stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cindy
    Not sleeping is no go....and how right you are to say its when your body heals!!! I have just been prescribed pills to help me relax and sleep .... a good night for me is 5 hours sleep. I am not taking them I just cannot function on drugs. I have been doing something my Gran used to do knocking back a tiny glass of port (liquor glass) before going to bed. This last week it has worked and I float into slumberland....what joy!!! Not sure if this tip is any help to you. I love that quotation ....really beautiful.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning is nature's way of saying, live life one more time, make a difference, touch one heart, encourage one mind and inspire one soul.
    oh yes a perfect quote Cindy Darn you Fibromyagia:) HUGS B

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...