Thursday 19 September 2013

Happy Birthday Mother

I could not believe the clock read 7 am when I looked at this morning.  I surely needed a good night sleep and finally got one, thank goodness !!!  My "Crabby Cabbie" Rob had left long before the time I  had gotten my sorry butt out of bed this morning.  What a switch, as usually it is me up way before anyone else in this household.

I got a load of laundry in first thing, then started tidying up and picking up the "chunks".  I had lots to get done with cleaning, making potato salad and deviled eggs.

Today was my Mother's 86th Birthday and I was bringing her home this afternoon.

Then I got a phone call at 10 am.  Would I be able to do a fare over to Owen Sound.  *Sigh* this would put a big dent in my timing on getting things done, but business is business, and helping out on occasion is what I do, so off I went.  Once over there I had to wait for the person then bring them back home.  Home I arrived back after 11 am, where I got back to things once I had first had a much needed cup of coffee.

I got as much done I was able to in the time I had before I headed down to get my Mother shortly after 3 pm.

Someone had gotten Mom a Happy Birthday Balloon for her room, and also had her Birthday announced on a local radio station today.  Once we had gotten home my Auntie was already here..  We got Mom into the house and settled in to open her gift from her sister-in-law, my Auntie Gladys.  Is this Yellow Tea Rose not beautiful? and the edge of green on the outer petals are so unique.

Mother loves stuffed animals, and seemed really happy with the Avon Collector Hat Box Bears I had gotten her.  Really they are terribly cute.


While Mom and Auntie visited I finished getting our dinner ready by making the deviled eggs.  Also Mother received a couple of Happy Birthday phone calls from her grandson, Paul, granddaughter, Stacey, and daughter, Donna  My brother Allan had her out for a drive already earlier today.

Rob was home and BBQ'd hamburgers for us that we had with Deviled Eggs, Relish Tray and a Potato Egg Salad.


After a real yummy Birthday Dinner, we all enjoyed a light and refreshing Lemon Birthday Cake.  Oh was that ever good !!!


After I cleared and put everything away, it was after 6 pm when I took Mother back to the Nursing home, and Auntie Gladys made her way back home to Port Elgin.  Uncle is still in rehab for his stroke, but is doing very well with it all.  I was happy Auntie was able to come join us for Dinner to give her a bit of a break away from all the driving back and forth to the Rehab.

When I was driving Mother back home told me she had enjoyed her Birthday, which was a good feeling for me that she had.  It doesn't take too much sometimes to make one happy.

The dishes have all been done up, the Aussies all out and about, with me soon calling it a day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

10 comments:

  1. What a busy day you had!
    I hope Auntie is taking care of GLADYS too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. So nice of you to have your mom out for her birthday dinner.
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a nice birthday dinner for your Mom. Glad that Aunt Gladys was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks & sounds like your mom had a wonderful birthday! The bears are adorable, and I love how happy she is with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Happy Birthday to your dear Mom I know how much Mom's appreciate daughters that care that much.I am so happy your Aunt was able to come and enjoy. You are a wonderful person Cindy. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely that your Mum had her birthday treat with you at home.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Are you searching free birthday gifts and deals?Enjoy it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...